It’s #Cardtober Day 20! How quickly is the month passing when you’re being creative every day? You can find all the other #Cardtober challenges in the 2PeasRefugees/Stamping-Cardmaking forum and you’re welcome to drop in and join us. We’re having a great time sharing all our creations.
My sketch this week takes its inspiration from Pinterest once again. I like the monochromatic colour scheme for this birthday card.
My original idea was to make this using navy, white and a hint of yellow. This plan failed when I realised I had no navy twine or button to match my navy cardstock.
A fumble through my supplies turned up a slightly alternative colour combination for a Christmas card – oh yes, I changed the occasion too!
My only buttons were old, and I’m not entirely sure what colour they are, but they matched with Island Indigo cardstock and Crushed Curry twine. I do love Stampin’ Up for their colour-matching – even when items are discontinued, like Island Indigo card. Somehow I can manage to make the colours work. When I’ve used more of my cardstock supplies I’ll be able to order some new colours they have!
This was the first Cameo cutting with a new mat. Even though my husband did the tea-towel roll on it a few times, the mat was still incredibly sticky. Only one star had a tear at the edge, which I think is good enough, and everything else cut perfectly.
For those who find sketches useful, I am providing a zip file of downloads too. You can find the download here: 2Peas-Cardtober20
There are two card sizes:
- 2Peas-Cardtober20A – A4 size where the card is halved to make a C6 size base of 4.13 x 5.845-inches
- 2Peas-Cardtober20B – letter size where the card is halved to make an A6 size base of 4.25 x 5.5-inches
In the zip file you will find:
- 2Peas-Cardtober20A.psd – Photoshop template size 4.13 x 5.845-inches.
- 2Peas-Cardtober20B – Photoshop template size 4.25 x 5.5-inches.
- 2Peas-Cardtober20 – SVG for both card sizes suitable for Silhouette Studio.
- 2Peas-Cardtober20A and B – a JPG image of the sketch in both sizes.
O Holy Night – #Cardtober Day 20 Silhouette Studio Video
- Digital Kits:
- Snowflakes, deer and Christmas trees are present toppers from Sainsbury’s UK.
- Nuvo Glitter Drops.
- Various shiny gems I’ve had for ages!
- Fonts: Cedar and The Bakery both from The Hungry JPEG and Open Sans.
- Card: Whisper White by Stampin’ Up A4 size.
- Programs: Photoshop CC 2019 and Silhouette Studio.
- Printer/Cutter: HP Envy 5530/Silhouette Cameo 3 with Autoblade.
The links above are for information only; there are no affiliate links. All supplies are free from the websites listed or I buy myself.