Merry Christmas everyone! This may be my final video of 2018 and it’s my first proper 3D paper project. I attempt a Christmas Tree Tealight Topper Silhouette Studio tutorial – and you know what? It’s a success!
I was watching crafty YouTube videos and one of my favourite artists, Vicky Papaioannou, made these wonderful tea-light Christmas tree toppers. Aren’t they gorgeous?
Visit Vicky’s Christmas Tree Lights decoration ideas video to watch her make these wonderful toppers.
Anyway, I’m sat watching the video and thinking, “I could do that!” It’s not often I tackle a 3D paper project; I think this is my first attempt, if we don’t count layering cards and embellishments.
In The Making
This cut file is the one I draw in the video. It fits together even with my vague, “That looks about right” measurements!
I chose a very simple banner for decoration. I think next year we’ll revisit this tree template and make different decorations and holes for the light to shine through, what do you think?
I took these photos on a dark, rainy morning, to show the tea light shining through the cut out stars. I’ve resisted the urge to edit the photographs too much because I always like you to see a finished project as realistically as possible.
I hope you enjoy trying out this 3D project. The video should enable you to draw the same template with success. However, I also provide a free download of the basic template shape so you can follow the video and have the file to check your progress.
Christmas Tree Tealight Topper – Silhouette Studio Tutorial
- Embellishment: Merry Christmas banner – from the digital kit Christmas Joy by Anita Designs (discontinued, but there are other great digital Christmas kits you could use.)
- Adhesive: Multi Medium Matte by Ranger – I use the little bottle as it’s easier for me to handle but this Amazon link is a search that shows other size options.
- Card: Always Artichoke A4 size by Stampin’ Up – discontinued, but
anyof their greens would work for this project.
- Program: Silhouette Studio V4 – Business Edition.
- Printer/Cutter: HP Envy 5530/Silhouette Cameo 3 with Autoblade.
The links above are for information only; there are no affiliate links. All supplies are bought by me or are free from the websites listed.