My return to making process videos begins with Halloween Hexagons in Silhouette Studio. This is a simple design, which I managed to wrap around my neck because I messed up my cut lines yet somehow results in a good card.
#Sketchtember was a huge success over at 2PeasRefugees so now we’re doing #Cardtober – especially for card-makers everywhere. Daily card challenges throughout the month of October and I’m your host every Saturday. You can find all the other challenges in the 2PeasRefugees/Stamping-Cardmaking forum and you’re welcome to drop in and join us.
My starting point is Pinterest and this simple hexagon design.
There’s plenty of white space but also the opportunity to embellish the card as much as you want to. Envisaging lots of Autumn patterned paper I looked forward
Remembering I’ve had a break from using my Silhouette Cameo I reconsidered; perhaps I should start with an easy design?
#Cardtober gives me the perfect opportunity to dust off my Cameo. But I first did my design in Photoshop, just to make sure I could produce something worth showing people!
Have you noticed how easy it is to forget little tips and tricks when you don’t do something for a while? It’s the little things that make a difference:
- printing the night before so that the ink is dry before you start handling the card;
- checking cut line settings so you don’t cut out all the wrong parts
; realisingit’s time for a new cutting mat because well, this one isn’t so sticky.
No such mistakes appear in the video. In fact, you can hardly tell that I cut out all the hexagons instead of only the black one that I wanted! Note to self: always check the cut settings before merrily pressing Send. In the photo above the print and cut version, complete with cut-apart hexagons, is the card on the right.
Thank goodness I didn’t decide to make this complicated with different patterns and lots of embellishments. It might be simple colours but I really like how the card turned out – you
There are two card sizes:
- 2Peas-Cardtober-06A – A4 size where the card is halved to make a C6 size base of 4.13 x 5.845-inches
- 2Peas-Cardtober-06B – letter size where the card is halved to make an A6 size base of 4.25 x 5.5-inches
In the zip file you will find:
- 2Peas-Cardtober-06A.psd – Photoshop template size 4.13 x 5.845-inches
- 2Peas-Cardtober-06B – Photoshop template size 4.25 x 5.5-inches
- 2Peas-Cardtober-06 – SVG for both card sizes suitable for Silhouette Studio
- 2Peas-Cardtober-06A and B – JPG images for both card sizes
Halloween Hexagons in Silhouette Studio – Process Video
- where to buy provigil online usa Digital Kits:
- http://awedbyjesuschrist.com/the-physical-jesus-christ/do-you-know-what-jesus-christ-looked-like/?fb_comment_id=683069058370947_1075685612442621 Embellishments:
- Snowflakes, deer and Christmas trees are present toppers from Sainsbury’s UK.
- Nuvo Glitter Drops.
- Various shiny gems I’ve had for ages!
- Fonts: Cedar and The Bakery both from The Hungry JPEG and Open Sans.
- Card: Whisper White by Stampin’ Up A4 size.
- Programs: Photoshop CC 2019 and Silhouette Studio.
- Printer/Cutter: HP Envy 5530/Silhouette Cameo 3 with Autoblade.
The links above are for information only; there are no affiliate links. All supplies are bought by me or are free from the websites listed.