In my view #2, the December 2018 update encompassing where I am now and my hopes for the month ahead. With the beginning of December comes Journal Your Christmas with Shimelle or #DecemberDaily with Ali Edwards – or even a mix of the two projects! Embarking upon my own Christmas Journal project has me reflecting over the past month and thinking about what I want to achieve over the next month, and even into next year.
In My View – December 2018
I had a new wheelchair on 11th October and very nice it looks too, with its orange accents.
There was one problem: this wheelchair didn’t like “wheeling” anywhere! At first, I blamed it on the new front castors, being new and too rubbery.
Two weeks later that theory had to be ditched. Changing the castors to a larger, older pair from my other wheelchair made no difference. This chair didn’t like moving, not when I was at the wheels pushing. Now I have terrible shoulder and neck pain from trying to get me, the wheelchair, and a cup of tea anywhere, let alone to my desk!
The experts are puzzled.
Finally, after trying the tea towels under the back of the cushion for a couple of weeks, the pain pushes me to
Ian and I do what we should have done from the beginning; we measured the height of the wheelchair. It’s an inch/2.5cm too high. I’ve used a wheelchair for as long as I can remember, I should trust my instinct. I knew it wasn’t quite right but experts had me questioning myself with their snappy “Yes, it’s the height you asked for!” replies to my queries.
My husband, and
A good chunk of October and most of November disappeared while I struggled with the wheelchair. I suppose one benefit is that I took so few photos, and did so little during the day, keeping up with the photobook pages was easy!
Since my last Scrapbook
- simple, graphic styles with photos and text;
- full digital scrapbooking pages with embellishments and shadows – the full works;
- some digital art pages, where I’m trying out my drawing skills.
Oh, and a couple of pages that look like
In My View This Month
As I head into December, here are
- a Christmas Journal – as I mentioned at the start of this post I’m doing a Christmas project, loosely following Journal Your Christmas.
- finish the yearly photobook – for the last couple of years I’ve managed this on New Year’s Eve and I rather like this tradition, so that’s what I’ll aim for.
- video projects – I originally had great ideas for this month but the wheelchair kerfuffle has put me behind schedule. I do have a couple of ideas, and I hope to be recording soon.
- taking classes – I recently signed up to Skillshare for a couple of free months, mostly for Photoshop tutorials, but I am finding all sorts of great classes there and may keep the subscription for 2019.
I am wary of making plans, and writing them here, wondering if it’s tempting fate. But what is life if you don’t have something to aim for eh?