It’s Saturday, it’s October and that means my turn to present the #Cardtober challenge for day 13. I enjoyed putting together this card, with all its different layers. Of course, gathering together all the images I notice I have my layers in the wrong order! That will teach me to have the sketch in front of me when I’m making my cards and not rely on my memory.
You can find all the other #Cardtober challenges in the 2PeasRefugees/Stamping-Cardmaking forum and you’re welcome to drop in and join us.
Yes, inspiration is from Pinterest once again. I like the colours on this card, and the shapes and the scalloped edges.
It’s perfect for an Autumn card. The design is easily changed too, to fit with whatever paper or central embellishment you may have.
Even when you’re putting the layers together wrongly (ahem!) it’s a quick card to make too. It would have been quicker had I not tried to use a less-than-sticky cutting mat, but I spent a little while rescuing my card before it was chewed up by my Cameo. Now I have that brand new cutting mat problem – it’s just a little bit too sticky!
I designed this card twice, once in Photoshop and again Silhouette Studio, which makes the differences more noticeable. Not to mention the scalloped edge layer in the wrong place and my digital string bow being much neater than my twine bow.
I ought to have waited for the Wink Of Stella glitter on the heart to dry before taking the photo too, but I’m impatient.
It’s easy to make two versions of this card, simply by switching the colour of the card mats.
In Silhouette Studio I organised my pieces to cut using the grid on the mat. This way I could use more than one colour of card on the mat and cut all the pieces together. For example, the green card lines up at 5-inches and is 4 1/2-inches high by 6 1/2-inches wide to fit both
The two circles cut out of the smaller mat and I alternated them here so I could see them. The white scalloped mat I did separately on white cardstock so I could also do print and cut for the sentiment and my mug.
To make the most of the card I placed the mug inside the scalloped mat. The brown circle mat covers it perfectly so it won’t show on the finished card.
There are two card sizes:
- 2Peas-Cardtober13A – A4 size where the card is halved to make a C6 size base of 4.13 x 5.845-inches
- 2Peas-Cardtober13B – letter size where the card is halved to make an A6 size base of 4.25 x 5.5-inches
In the zip file you will find:
- 2Peas-Cardtober13A.psd – Photoshop template size 4.13 x 5.845-inches
- 2Peas-Cardtober13B – Photoshop template size 4.25 x 5.5-inches
- 2Peas-Cardtober13 – SVG for both card sizes suitable for Silhouette Studio
- 2Peas-Cardtober13 – a JPG image of the sketch
Love and Tea – Cardtober #13 Silhouette Studio Video
- source link Graphics: I drew everything myself.
- source site Fonts: KLBeaches (sending love and) and Just Write Solid (tea). Bonfires and Beaches by Kitaleigh and Just Write by Joanne Marie, both at The Hungry JPEG
- Card: Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Garden Green and Whisper White by Stampin’ Up, all A4 size
- Programs: Silhouette Studio and Photoshop CC 2018
- Printer/Cutter: HP Envy 5530/Silhouette Cameo 3
The links above are for information only; there are no affiliate links. All supplies are bought by me or are free from the websites listed.