A regular reader of my blog will know I am a digital scrapbooker. I sort of doProject Life®, without page protectors or a safety net! I produce a yearly photobook, 6 x 8 inches, and make things fit. I enjoyed making this little card for my page at the weekend, and a pocket card for Project Life® with Silhouette Studio makes a good video tutorial.
My original pocket card is created in Photoshop, but we can make a great version in Silhouette Studio too.
In the video I discuss tracing, and with the light-coloured images this can be a challenge. I don’t mind spending time working on my tracing skills, yet it can seem a lot of work. Yet all the images can be saved to be used again so it’s not like the effort is wasted. There’s also the benefit of improving your knowledge of Silhouette Studio, which over time makes projects easier and quicker.
I had a little accident with a mug of tea in the middle of this project. My phone had a thorough drenching and was not happy taking photos. While waiting for a new phone to arrive, I decided to play with the Sketch Pen again. Rather than simply print and cut the pocket card, I made a page for my Traveler’s Notebook.
Practice with Sketch pen settings is paying off. For the title I printed the whole page with the lettering in colour. Once at the Cameo I used the Sketch Pen to draw the outline. To fill up the page I also drew some sketched hearts. Again for the red hearts I printed the colour first and then did the Sketch pen detail.
I like to know that what I demonstrate in my videos actually works. Once I’m more confident with Sketch Pen settings I’ll do a video.
Pocket Card for Project Life With Silhouette Studio
- http://sclarita.com/tag/timben/ Graphics: A Day At The Beach digital kit by Anita Designs at The Digital Press (sadly no longer available).
- http://misterpaulsenglish.com/interview-questions-for-a-uk-study-visa-english-video/?share=twitter Fonts:
- http://thegrasswizard.com/etc8m/pcutlq-drmartens-womens-99165.php Paper: A4 Professional Inkjet Paper by HP.
- Program: Silhouette Studio 4 Business Edition
- Printer: HP Envy 5530 and Cameo 3 Autoblade