I like a challenge. I didn’t start off 2018 with many plans yet I find myself challenged wherever I look. That is why I am bringing you Template Tuesday The First (of many??) Well, at least for February as I host a challenge over at the 2PeasRefugees General Scrapping Board.
This event is huge.
It’s an online crop, originally proposed by the indefatigable grammadee and called 24-4-28. That’s 28 projects for 28 days in February. There are seven hosts setting four challenges each, and we’re all doing something different.
Did I mention that it’s a huge thing? Or maybe it just feels huge to me? And I’m not doing half the work others are doing!
Why not come and join in? The forum is free and open to any crafter of any persuasion:
- paper or digital;
- traditional page or pocket page;
- art journal, Traveler’s Notebook;
The main aim is to create something every day in February. The prompts are your starting point, but if you don’t want to use one, then you can do it freestyle too!
Template Tuesday The First – 6th February Edition
Let’s have a look at the templates for this first challenge. Here’s a traditional 12 by 12 inches page:
I also created a template for a card 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches (left) and a 6 x 4 inches pocket card (right):
If you use Photoshop you can download the templates from Dropbox here (I hope!) – 2Peas-06Feb17
Template Tuesday Traditional Page
It’s rare for me to create a traditional page, but I gave it a go because there’s got to be an example, eh?
My husband in camouflage, trying not to scare away the garden wildlife. Even down to the hat! I’m not sure it’s necessary because the birds and squirrels don’t have a problem when I’m at this desk making cards. I definitely do not wear camouflage gear, it wouldn”t help hide me at all.
Supplies used for the layout:
- Papers: I Heart You by Mommyish at The Lilypad, digital kit.
- Word Strips: I pulled these from different kits including Brighter Side of Life/Carefree by Anita Designs, A Lovely Day by Sugarplum Paperie and some from a Pixels & Co collab.
- Embellishments: from Sweet Sprinkles (black ribbon), from Gabby (ric-rac), from Shabby Fall (staple) all Shabby Princess; flair, sticker and puffy heart from I Heart You by Mommyish at The Lilypad.
Template Tuesday – The Cards
I made a birthday card. I think I might even print it out and send it to someone. For the pocket card I decided to create a smaller version of the layout because this will fit in my photobook. I did mix up my resizing though, so my example isn’t exactly the same as the template; my diamonds are a little larger.
Supplies used for the cards:
- Birthday card: Neopolitan Summer by Amber Clegg. Abracadabra Typeface from The Hungry JPEG.
- Pocket card: everything the same as for the layout above.
I enjoyed creating the templates. Which is why I might be tempted to continue making them. They also provided me with great practice in using Photoshop since my switch from PaintShop Pro. I am still learning the Photoshop steps but overall I am inclined to think that most processes in layouts or cards are much quicker now than in PSP. I didn’t think I needed a clipping mask, ordinary layer masks in PSP are doing the job well enough, I said.
Silly me! Three cheers for the clipping mask and making my life easier…